MBBS in Uttar Pradesh
The largest state of India in terms of population, Uttar Pradesh, is known for its grandeur and rich mix of culture and tradition. Also known as the Heart of India, its neighboring states are Delhi, Rajasthan, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, and Chhattisgarh. Uttar Pradesh is home to varied culture and dialects, and the education system here is substantially improving, making it an ideal place to study. There are top medical colleges for MBBS in Uttar Pradesh which is well equipped with technology and infrastructural facilities. Also, with the construction of connecting highways, and coming up of metro in some parts of the state, the transportation system has also witnessed great change. Also, one of the key factors to study MBBS in Uttar Pradesh is that there is no NRI Quota. All in all Uttar Pradesh has some great colleges to offer for students to embark on their journey towards success as a doctor.
REQUEST CALL BACK!!
Top Medical Colleges In Uttar Pradesh
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Uttar Pradesh
After when the students have given the entrance exam, the counseling authority publishes the merit list for the candidates who have qualified NEET along with the result. Students are allowed to participate in the counseling process as per the merit list.
The counselling process is conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) which happens online. During the counselling procedure conducted by MCC, candidates are required to fill their choices of colleges for the first round of counseling.
Seats are allotted to the candidates on the basis of the rank they secured and the choices of the preference. The candidates are given a seat allotment letter and then they are supposed to report to the allotted institution before the last date of admission. After the successful payment of the admission fee, the seats are considered as confirmed.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS admission in Uttar Pradesh
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION – For a student who wants to pursue MBBS, the basic eligibility criteria is that the student should have completed his/her 10+2 examinations and must have scored minimum 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology by a recognized board.
- AGE – In order to apply for the medical entrance test, the applicant must have attained an age of 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission. As per new guidelines, the upper age limit being 25 years of age for unreserved category candidates and 30 years of age for reserved and PwD category candidates.
- NATIONALITY- Candidates of Indian nationals, Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), and Foreign Nationals are eligible
- The students also need to give entrance exam i.e., NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) conducted by NTA from 2019 onwards. Students need to score minimum 50th percentile for General category, 40th percentile for SC/ST/OBC and 45th percentile for those who fall under general category but are differently abled.
- While for states like Punjab and Maharashtra, they have barred students from other states for participating in counseling for admission in medical colleges, whereas Uttar Pradesh has no such norms of putting a restriction. Uttar Pradesh takes in students from all over India to sit for counseling. There is no domicile policy in Uttar Pradesh.
Duration of Studying MBBS in Uttar Pradesh
The duration of MBBS in Uttar Pradesh is said to be 5.5 years including one year of mandatory rotatory internship. The actual academic course is distributed in 9 semesters. The semesters are further divided as Pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and Clinical. The course of the syllabus for 1-2 semesters viz, Pre-clinical include Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Physiology as subjects. For Semester 3-5 viz, Para-clinical, the syllabus includes Community Medicine, Pathology, Forensic Medicine, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical or Semester 6-9 i.e., Clinical includes Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery, etc.
MBBS as a course has a styling of two degrees, i.e., Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, which are usually conferred together.
After the completion of this 5.5 year course, a student is awarded the basic MBBS degree with which one can practice medicine in any place of his/her choice anywhere in India. The Medical Council of India formulates the course structure for MBBS in Uttar Pradesh.
After clearing the entrance exam for MBBS i.e., NEET, the students who will be selected for counseling will have to bring original and photocopies of the documents for the verification process.
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank Card
- Marksheet of 10th and 12th with passing certificates
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport size photographs
Tie up with colleges
www.mediconation.com is the largest information portal pertaining to medical studies for International students. We furnish news related to higher medical education, system changes and, latest updates in the medical world. We cover the entire spectrum related to MBBS in India and abroad. Also, we provide comprehensive blogs, articles and research material which can prove lucrative for medical aspirants to excel in their future endeavors.