MBBS in Haryana
Haryana has emerged as a big contender in terms of education as it has seen an upward trend in terms of literacy rate and has a number of Government and Private medical colleges. When compared to other states in India, Haryana has achieved a fair position in terms of literacy rate. Haryana has witnessed a colossal change in last few years. The Government of Haryana has taken major steps to improve the education system so more and more children can have access to it. In some sectors, it has shown great changes for good. Haryana is a fast growing state and it is suitable to study MBBS in Haryana.
REQUEST CALL BACK!!
Top Medical Colleges in Haryana
Here is the list of the top medical colleges in Haryana.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Haryana
Students who wish to take admission for MBBS in Haryana should adhere to these eligibility criteria.
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION- For a student who wants to pursue MBBS, the basic eligibility criteria is that the student should have completed his/her 10+2 examinations and must have scored minimum 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology by a recognized board and must have English as a compulsory subject.
- AGE REQUIREMENT- The student should be 17 years of age minimum as on December 31st to apply in the medical colleges of Haryana. And according to the latest updates by the National Testing Agency the upper age limit has been removed. Candidates will have to fill an online registration form to participate in the counselling for NEET 2019.
As per the latest guidelines by the regulatory body of NEET, i.e., National Testing Agency (NTA), the upper age limit for applicants of age 25 or more can apply for the examination of NEET.
- NATIONALITY- Candidates of Indian nationals, Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), and Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for MBBS in Haryana.
- If a candidate has Haryana domicile, then according to the NEET rank, he/she can secure a seat in the 85% of the seats allotted for state quota.
- For General Category, student should have scored at least of 50% in 12th while for SC/ST/OBC categories, scored at least of 40% in 12th standard.
- Students need to qualify NEET UG to be eligible for studying MBBS in Delhi which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and also now there is no limit on the number of attempts for NEET.
Duration of Studying MBBS in Haryana
The duration of MBBS in Haryana is said to be 5.5 years including one year of mandatory rotatory internship. The academic course is distributed in 9 semesters. The semesters are further divided as Pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and Clinical. The course of the syllabus for 1-2 semesters viz, Pre-clinical include Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Physiology as subjects. For Semester 3-5 viz, Para-clinical, the syllabus includes Community Medicine, Pathology, Forensic Medicine, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical or Semester 6-9 i.e., Clinical includes Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery, etc.
MBBS as a course has a styling of two degrees, i.e., Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, which are usually conferred together.
After the completion of this 5.5 year course, a student is awarded the basic MBBS degree with which one can practice medicine in any place of his/her choice anywhere in India. The Medical Council of India formulates the course structure for MBBS in Haryana.
Selection Procedure for MBBS in Haryana
For a student who wants to study MBBS in Haryana, there are a few norms for medical counseling in Haryana- Directorate of Medical Education and Research of Haryana conducts centralized counselling for MBBS, first in the online mode, consisting of two rounds, and later in the manual mode also known as the mop-up round. The registrations for the first round of admission in MBBS 2019 in Haryana counselling will begin in the second week of June. Those students who have qualified NEET 2019 are eligible for registering in the counseling process of Haryana, and then they can secure admission in the top colleges of Haryana. The next step is of choice filling, students have to select colleges of their choice. The seat allotment in medical colleges in Haryana is based on both the state merit rank of the applicant and also on the choices filled by them.
The counseling for Haryana for NEET 2019 will commence from the third week of June tentatively. The process of counseling is marshaled for 85% state quota seats of government and private medical colleges. Candidates get the admission on the basis of the score they got in the NEET exam.
Documents Required to Apply for MBBS in Haryana
After clearing the entrance exam for MBBS i.e., NEET, the students who will be selected for counseling will have to bring original and photocopies of the documents for the verification process.
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank Card
- Marksheet of 10th and 12th with passing certificates
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Resident Certificate
- Adhar Card
- Migration Certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Domicile Certificate
Tie up with colleges
www.mediconation.com is the largest information portal pertaining to medical studies for International students. We furnish news related to higher medical education, system changes and, latest updates in the medical world. We cover the entire spectrum related to MBBS in India and abroad. Also, we provide comprehensive blogs, articles and research material which can prove lucrative for medical aspirants to excel in their future endeavors.