MBBS in Georgia
Georgia is emerging as one of the top preferred choices for students to study MBBS Abroad because of its world-class infrastructure, low tuition fees, promising faculty, multi-cuisine food, and super-specialty hospital which shall leave fond memories of sustainability alongside knowledge creation. Many of the Georgian Medical universities are ranked on the top in the world surveys for the MBBS course. The flight duration from India to Georgia is just 9 hours which makes it easy to commute. So, Georgia is an ideal destination for students to pursue their studies.
Why Study MBBS in Georgia?
- Students pursuing MBBS in Georgia can apply for internships and higher education in 47 countries under LISBON CONVENTION.
- The Georgia Medical Universities are recognized worldwide and provide a high quality of education and facilities together with instrumentality and infrastructure
- Medical universities in Georgia are affiliated with MCI and WHO. Also, universities are 100% ragging free so students don’t have to worry much about shifting to a new country altogether.
- Georgia is a very safe country, especially for females. There is zero crime rate, and students from India can travel freely without any fear of getting robbed. Most of the people of Georgia are Christian and are very friendly in nature. Georgia is a welcoming country where people from different religions and cultures can flourish together.
- MBBS Admission in Georgia is way more affordable than that of the Indian medical universities. Universities in Georgia focus on improving the skill set of students by giving them practical knowledge of the subject so that they can excel in the future.
- Indians students can get a homely feeling in Georgia because Indian food is readily available in hostels there and the quality of accommodation is really good.
- Opportunities are given to students to do practical experiments and to practice clinical clerkship from 1stsemester onwards.
- Georgian universities are equipped with high technology and great infrastructure.
- There is no entrance examination for getting MBBS Admission in Georgia.
- MBBS degree from the medical colleges of Georgia is accepted worldwide.
- There are scholarships for students who perform really well in their academic period.
- Students are allowed to participate in international conferences and seminars which gives them a lot of exposure
- There are more than 10,000 foreign students studying in Georgia.
- The language of instructions in all MBBS universities is English, and 90% of local residents can speak English hence there is no language barrier for MBBS course when it comes to having practical experience of what one has studied in theory.
TOP UNIVERSITIES TO STUDY MBBS FROM GEORGIA
Duration of Studying MBBS from Georgia
The duration of studying MBBS from Georgia is a total of 6 years, which includes 5 years of academic studies and 1 year of mandatory internship in a hospital affiliated to the university that you are studying in.
Admission Procedure in MBBS in Georgia
Getting admission in medical colleges of Georgia is not at all a tedious task. All foreign students can apply for the admission of MBBS in Georgia, only if they accomplish the required eligibility criteria of universities. Also, the applicant should have a valid qualified NEET scorecard. Only after completing the process of counseling of the required application form/documents of the candidate and the approval of Authorized Representatives of universities, admission will be confirmed.
The students can track the entire admission process because the direct and online admission system ensures complete clarity to the students.
Documents Required for MBBS in Georgia
- Scanned copies of Class X and Class XII results.
- Migration Certificate
- Original Birth Certificate
- Admission/ Offer Letter from Georgian University (scan copy)
- International Passport
- Original General Health/ Medical Certificate with HIV as Negative.
- Complete Tuition fee in Cash or receipt of payment into the school account.
- Bank Statements to show the financial records of the guardian of the student.
- Passport size photographs
- NEET scorecard
- The absence of Indian embassy:
Not many students prefer to go to Georgia to study because of the fact that there is no Indian embassy in Georgia. The students face issues in fulfillment of various conditions laid down by the country because of total control of the Georgian authorities.
- Misguided representation of the country:
By the recent changes in the European Union, Georgia is not a part of it. Students should not expect a European visa in Georgia.
Scope After Studying MBBS in Georgia
- On completion of the degree course, Indian students are required to clear the screening test conducted by MCI and then MBBS doctors can start medical practicing in India after getting a registration number from MCI.
- For students who want to settle down in the United States of America and practice there, it is possible for students after doing their MBBS from Georgia. Also, Students who study MBBS in Georgia can appear for the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) and opt for higher education in the US.
Georgia is a beautiful country located at the Eastern side of the Black Sea on the Southern flanks of the main crest of the majestic Greater Caucasus Mountains. It is bounded by Russia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Turkey, and by the Black Sea, on the West. The capital of Georgia is Tbilisi which was formerly known as Tiflis and it is the largest city of Georgia. The most cosmopolitan and diverse, Tbilisi is not only the capital of Georgia but also a hub that contains nearly a third of all of Georgia’s population. It is an interesting mix of old traditional and ultra-modern infrastructure. Due to the presence of the Black Sea and the majestic Mountain range, the climatic condition of Georgia is alluring. Low levels of crime and corruption have made Georgia a safe country for International students and tourists as well. In terms of education and technology, Georgia is a fast-growing destination which makes it an ideal choice for foreign students.